Many thanks to Martin of The House of Fran_Mart for nominating my blog for a Liebster Blog award! ( This is a German word, which online searches translate as 'Sweetheart". A better idiomatic translation would seem to be “favourite". )
Receiving the award involves certain obligations: I had to decide on five blogs, each with fewer than 220 followers, to pass it on to. The idea is to bring attention to these small blogs who deserve more notice.
- The Blogfolio of Edd Cross - quite literally my 'liebster' blog, a wonderfully imaginative and eclectic mix of illustrations, often inspired by Australian wildlife.
- Tony's photo blog - some beautiful photos of Australian nature that inspire my own humble efforts, taken by a fellow ex-pat pom! (and always some interesting skywatch contributions)
- Snail's Eye View - a lovely, personal perspective on the nature of the Atherton Tablelands
- Daintree Valley - a blog run by a guesthouse in Daintree village, whose owners clearly have a genuine passion for their beautiful surrounds. One day I will visit (and it will feel strangely familiar!).
- Bush and Beach - now I have moved to Brisbane we are on the same blog territory and Leanne's blog will be an inspiration for my local adventures.
- Thank the giver and link back to the blogger who gave it to you (thank you, Martin!).
- Reveal the five blogs you have chosen and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Copy and paste the award onto your blog (see above).
- Request the people you have chosen to receive the award pass it on to their favourite bloggers.